Akron, Ohio – Administrative Judge Amy Corrigall Jones updated the media today announcing that, after consultation with the General Division judges, the following will occur effective immediately extending through March 26, 2020:
- All trials shall be suspended for fourteen days, with the exception of Stanley Ford, unless Judge Croce determines otherwise or we become aware of an issue that poses additional concern or the Governor orders the closing of public buildings.
- Inmates will not be transported from the Summit County Jail to our courthouse for fourteen days. All matters other than Stanley Ford shall be conducted via video conference in coordination with the Summit County Jail.
- All civil matters shall be conducted by telephone or video conference.
- All mediations shall be continued during the fourteen day period.
- Probationers who are scheduled to report during this period, should do so via telephone and will be contacted by the Summit County Adult Probation Department.
Each court will communicate with attorneys who should provide that information to their clients.
Corrigall Jones said the decision was made as a proactive approach out of concern for the well-being of the employees and public.
“In an abundance of caution, we are trying to limit the number of people coming into this courthouse,” Corrigall Jones said.
“The courthouse continues with its daily operations.” concluded Corrigall Jones.
Contact: Susan Sweeney, Esq.
Assistant Court Executive Officer