Petit Jury FAX number: 330-643-8235
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING WHEN REQUESTING TO BE EXCUSED:
REQUESTS FOR EXEMPTION MUST BE RECEIVED PRIOR TO YOUR JURY SERVICE WEEK
- Medical or mental conditions must be documented by your attending physician/healthcare provider prior to your service.
- Check your employer’s jury leave policy in advance. If your employer does not compensate you while serving jury duty, a letter of verification from your employer (on company stationery) must be received prior to your date of jury service in order to approve your financial hardship.
- Jurors age 75 and over may be excused if you make the request in writing prior to your date of jury service.
- All other hardships not covered must be submitted in writing and mailed or faxed to the Jury Commissioner.
THE FOLLOWING ARE DISQUALIFIED AND THUS MAY NOT SERVE AS JURORS:
- Persons who are no longer residents of Summit County.
- Persons who have served as jurors in a court of record in Summit County within the past year.
- If you have been convicted of a felony under the laws of Ohio and HAVE NOT BEEN granted a final release by the Adult Parole Authority, or you are CURRENTLY on Probation or serving a period of one or more community control sanctions.
Visit our website at www.summitcpcourt.net