JUDGE OLDFIELD COURT
Judge Joy Malek Oldfield
Presiding Judge, Turning Point
Julie Ellison, Bailiff209 South High StreetAkron, OH 44308Phone: 330-643-8301JEllison@cpcourt.summitoh.net
TURNING POINT LIAISONRonya Habash53 University AveAkron, OH 44308Phone: 330-643- 7844FAX: email@example.com
ORIANA HOUSE Emily Beers - Program Coordinator330-996-2225 ext. 3003
The Summit County Turning Point Program will screen offenders for eligibility using the following criteria:
● A defendant that is placed on Community Control for a felony offense, or
● A Defendant that has been granted Judicial Release and placed on Community Control for a felony offense, or
● A non-compliant Intervention In Lieu of Conviction Participant where alcohol and/or drug use is directly related to non-compliance, or
● A Community Control Violator where alcohol and/or drug use is directly
related to non-compliance, and
● The offender must be assessed and diagnosed as chemically dependent by an
approved alcohol and drug treatment provider and have a level of care
recommendation of Intensive Outpatient Treatment or higher.
● The offender has been determined to meet the following Risk Level utilizing the Ohio Risk Assessment System (ORAS):
Ø Male ® Moderate
® Very High
TRACK 1 - Current IILC Participants
Current IILC Participants that are in danger of being terminated can be referred to The Turning Point Program by the assigned Court. Participants will be ordered to complete The Turning Point Program as a condition of IILC. After one year of sobriety, the case will be dismissed under the IILC Statute.
TRACK 2 - Community Control Violators or Defendants newly sentenced to
As a condition of Community Control, Probationers will be ordered to complete The Turning Point Program. This is a Post-Conviction Track with the goal of gaining a sober and law-abiding lifestyle.